Location: Remote (UK) / Norwich
Hours: Full Time
Role DetailsAt Brew Digital we are looking for a Backend Developer who is self-motivated and passionate about solving problems with code. Our team continually strives to be the best at what they do and enjoys dedicating themselves to producing exceptional work. Brew Digital works with an array of clients, offering expertise across website design, creative and digital services. At Brew Digital and the wider Adaptavist Group - respect and trust for each other are paramount to how we work. We want you to be striving to do your best work and confident in the value you are adding. We actively avoid rolling out the same solutions and look to innovate at every opportunity, making Brew Digital an exciting, reactive place to work. We maintain a high level of expertise across all areas of the business and whilst we shine as individuals, we always come together as a team through a supportive office environment and a collaborative mindset. The majority of our team follows a hybrid working practice, so regardless of location, this is a diverse and talented team that prides itself on its warm and welcoming culture. If you were to join us, we’d want you to help us shape what we are from day one.
Key responsibilities and accountabilitiesAs a Backend Web Developer, you will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, and project managers, helping with all aspects of the web development life-cycle through planning, design, build and ongoing support. Check out the technologies you might get to work with, don’t worry, though; we’re not expecting you to know all of these!
- PHP / Laravel / WordPress / Statamic
- Headless CMS’s / Prismic / Sanity.io
- React / Next.js / Angular
- Terraform / AWS CDK / Docker
- AWS / Digital Ocean / Vercel / Heroku
- Linux / Apache / NGINX / Serverless architecture
Person SpecificationRole-specific skills, knowledge and experience About you
- Experience coding with web programming languages or frameworks on multiple projects that have been deployed to a Production environment.
- Self-motivated and passionate about solving problems with code.
- An excellent team player who enjoys learning new skills.
- Experience writing Object-Oriented PHP
- Experience with relational databases and their design / normalisation (for example, MySQL, MariaDB, Postgres)
- Experience in the MVC (Model View Controller) architectural pattern
- Experience in testing frameworks and TDD
- Experience with web application frameworks, for example, Laravel, Symfony, Django, Ruby on Rails
- Experience using Content Management Systems, for example, WordPress, Statamic, Prismic, Sanity
- Experience provisioning, maintaining, monitoring and optimising servers and serverless infrastructure
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience with LAMP or LEMP stacks
- Experience with CI/CD
- Implementation of security best practices