Location: Remote (UK) / Norwich
Hours: Full Time
Role DetailsAt Brew Digital we are looking for a WordPress Developer who is self-motivated and passionate about solving problems with code. Our team continually strives to be the best at what they do and enjoys dedicating themselves to producing exceptional work. Brew Digital works with an array of clients, offering expertise across website design, creative and digital services. At Brew Digital and the wider Adaptavist Group - respect and trust for each other are paramount to how we work. We want you to be striving to do your best work and confident in the value you are adding. We actively avoid rolling out the same solutions and look to innovate at every opportunity, making Brew Digital an exciting, reactive place to work. We maintain a high level of expertise across all areas of the business and whilst we shine as individuals, we always come together as a team through a supportive office environment and a collaborative mindset. The majority of our team follows a hybrid working practice, so regardless of location, this is a diverse and talented team that prides itself on its warm and welcoming culture. If you were to join us, we’d want you to help us shape what we are from day one.
Key responsibilities and accountabilitiesAs a WordPress Developer, you will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, and project managers, helping with all aspects of the web development life-cycle through planning, design, building and ongoing support. Check out the technologies you might get to work with, don’t worry, though; we’re not expecting you to know all of these!
- PHP / WordPress
- Tailwind / Twig / Blade
- AWS / Digital Ocean / Vercel / Heroku
- Linux / Apache / NGINX / Serverless architecture
Person SpecificationRole-specific skills, knowledge and experience About you
- Experience building, theming and deploying multiple WordPress projects in a Production environment.
- Self-motivated and passionate about solving problems within WordPress.
- An excellent team player who enjoys learning new skills.
- Experience in WordPress
- Experience in installing, managing and building WordPress plugins
- Experience in WordPress theming and templating
- Experience writing Object-Oriented PHP and using Composer
- Experience of templating languages and frameworks, and website styling approaches and techniques
- Experience of writing semantic HTML, following accessibility, performance and SEO best practices
- Experience in cross browser and device testing, following techniques used for responsive design
- Experience provisioning, maintaining, monitoring and optimising servers and serverless infrastructure
- Experience with LAMP or LEMP stacks
- Experience with CI/CD
- Implementation of security best practices